Rockin' it Out!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Small Victories

Well guys.. today on official weigh-in day I was back up a pound. Keeping in mind it's that TOM... I'll take it. If you compare to last Friday I'm actually DOWN 1.2 lbs!! Too bad I didn't keep that lb off from yesterday, that would have been a great weight loss for a week... but you know what?! So is 1.2!! Dang my outlook has changed, lol.

I blame part of the problem on that darn Pampered Chef party I went to last night. I ate this DELICIOUS soup called "Loaded Baked Potato Chowder" and this yummy little "After Dinner Mint Tart" or some such. Then she made this lava cake in the microwave and well.. I'm sure that pushed me over the edge. The soup was so good I ate two servings and was SO full that I couldn't try the cake until right before the end of the party about an hour and a half later, lol. FABULOUS soup though and I have the recipe and will be making it! It's made in the deep covered baker in the microwave!!! I have the baker here at home so it's a go next week!! Amy, it would have been great if you could have come along!!! :)

Today I'm having lunch with my co-worker who is off on maternity leave. We're great friends and I miss talking to her as much as we did at work!! We're going to Cheeseburger in Paradise and I already know what I'm going to get. St. Barts Citrus Chicken Island Favorite Marinated chicken breasts seasoned, grilled and served over Island Rice with Teriyaki Boccoli (from the menu on the website). LOVE it and it's pretty healthy :) I'll wind up eating a small amount and having tons left over which is always great!!

Later today I need to boil brats for my grandma's 80th birthday party tomorrow. We were in charge of bringing the meat and no one wants raw brats so I have to boil them before we grill them. The people count just went up to 38 so we have half a ton of burgers, brats, and hot dogs... yikes!

Tonight we're going to a festival called BBQ & Blues where there's basically music, booze and food. Should be a good time. Hubby works for the newspaper and got free passes so even better! We're meeting some friends we haven't seen in a while too so it will be great to catch up with them.

Here's hoping it doesn't rain out any of our weekend events!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend ladies!!!

2 comments:

  1. You boil kids (Brats?) lol. Ok, so I know it's not really kids.. but what are they? Like a sausage or something. This US/Aust. thing is funny, learning about each others different kinds of foods.
    Congrats on the weight loss too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete