Rockin' it Out!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Two days!!!

Well, it's Monday night and I'm off to bed shortly here. Do ya'll know what that means!? I'm having surgery the day after tomorrow... good grief. How'd that liquid diet go so quickly??? Tomorrow I am allowed to have my "shakes" until noon and then I have to go on clear liquids until surgery. As much as I hate those dreaded shakes I think I'm going to try and get three down so I'm not quite as hungry for the day. I work until 8 and that could make for a LONG night on jello and water! I can have juice too but I'm going to maintain the 16 oz I've been drinking each day.

Tomorrow morning/early afternoon I should get a call from the hospital to hear what time I'm scheduled for and any last minute details they'll need to go over. I'm hoping I'm still home in the morning when they call so I don't have to worry about missing it while at work.

I'm pretty nervous but for the most part I'm trying to put the worry out of my mind and trust that these people know what they're doing. I'm not a guinea pig and they've done this SEVERAL hundred times. I will be fine.

I'm not sure I'll get a chance to post tomorrow since I work so late and then I'll have to get things squared off for my daughter and for myself, of course. Let the craziness ensue! I'll be back afterward to report on how I'm doing!!

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be fine! Good luck - no worries... you're right - they do this all the time! Believe me... you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how it feels like that liquid diet just flew by? Well, before you know it...you will be several months post-op and YOU will be the one answering newbies questions. Take it easy, take your gas-x strips, and rest!

    ReplyDelete