Rockin' it Out!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 5 today

So I have to admit.. this liquid diet thing isn't so terrible after all. I was REALLY scared of it! The first day was a real bitch but seriously, every day after that was NOT SO BAD! I would have to go out on a limb and say yesterday was even... EASY! The drinks actually disgust me now so I just down them quickly but they fill me up.

I saw the nutritionist this morning. I had to see her again to learn a few more things that I didn't get to learn before I started the liquid diet. It was hard to talk about food but exciting to know it is in my near future too, how lame is that!?

I dreamed of food last night. I dreamed that I was helping my daughter cut something on her plate or something and when I was finished I quick shoved some of her peas into my mouth from her plate, haha! What can I say? At least it was just peas!!

I only dropped .4 lbs since yesterday. I'm down 5.6 lbs total which is still incredible... but not such big numbers like I was losing before. But 5 lbs.. that's Biggest Loser weight loss right there! I'll take it!!

Oh and at my nutritionist appt I found out my A1c was 7.2. Not at goal quite yet but continuously lower from where I started last year in July when I decided to start this journey. At that point it was 9.6! I'm pretty proud of 7.2 considering where I came from. For those that aren't aware what an a1c is it's the measure of my blood sugars over the last 3 mos. I wasn't quite due for the test but I was going to have it at the end of this month so close enough. It made my day anyways.

My white blood cell count went up a bit more since last week... not sure what this means for my surgery date yet but I'm not going to get all wrapped up in crazy thoughts if they aren't going to do anything about it either. They thought maybe my body was just fighting a UTI (not that I was aware of) or a cold (always possible with a kid in daycare) so we'll see where it all goes.

That's about all for now. I need to get ready to head into work for the day. I have my performance review at work today... that's always a bit stressful and nerve wracking. Cross your fingers for a big fat pay increase, of course! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment