Rockin' it Out!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Weigh Day

The scale gave me the middle finger again this morning... it's that time of the month and I *know* it's water weight because I craved (and ate) all things salty this week.  However, I went back to a weight I haven't seen since July 31st according to my excel sheet.  I know I'll get it off with a little bit of extra water drinking over the weekend.


Tonight, Chris and I are going out to dinner sans kiddo for his birthday, which is Sunday.  He chose Chinese food as I knew he would.  We have a favorite place that we both thoroughly enjoy but hate taking the kiddo to.  We usually wind up with carry out from there but figure tonight we can go and enjoy ourselves.  They have the BEST fortune cookies. :)


Sunday, for his actual birthday, we're going to brunch with his family and then having everyone back here for cake and ice cream.  I ordered a cake and it was too late for a custom cake but she offered me one of the two they had in the freezer... omg.  I couldn't have come up with this cake on my own!  It's a layer of chocolate, a layer of strawberry cake and then a layer in between of chocolate mousse.  Then, as if THAT isn't enough, they split the strawberry cake and put a layer of fudge in between it... :-0 Dear gawd!  Top all that with buttercream frosting and white chocolate shavings of course.  Oh man, just send me a ticket to a diabetic coma after that enters our home... DAMN!


I have a feeling this will be a bad food weekend... I think I better add an additional day at the gym next week. ;)

3 comments:

  1. That cake sounds AMAZING! Give As much as you possibly can away, otherwise I'll be over to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned.. have fun!!
    PS I get that whole 'water weight' thing. Same end here.. bloody that time of the month drives me nutso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was holding onto....10!!!! pounds of mostly water weight for two weeks. Then over the course of a few days it went away. I mean, I got serious and buckled down on calories and upped the exercise too but a few days?? Must have been mostly water. It'll go away again, promise. That cake sounds fabulous and LOVE the Halloween motif on the blog.

    ReplyDelete